- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 cup colored bell peppers, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (2 small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 gm chicken mince
- 1/2 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes, add garlic and chicken saute till chicken changes its color.
- Pour in chicken broth diced tomatoes and colored peppers.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until chicken has cooked through stir in red beans, white beans and lime juice.
- Add the rice to serving bowl, pour soup over rice and sprinkle cilantro.
- serve warm with cheese and sour cream if desired.