- 1 Eggplant
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic cloves
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Cut the eggplant into slices of about the same thickness. Place on paper towels and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Eggplants retain a lot of water and this process draws a lot of the water out. Leave for 15-30 minutes. Meanwhile heat oven to 375.
- Heat olive oil and saute finely chopped garlic just until it becomes fragrant. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning and oregano and let simmer until thickened.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with olive oil.
- Wipe excess water off of the eggplant. Place eggplant on the sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Roast 20 – 25 minutes.
- Slice basil into thin strips. Mix Parmesan and Mozzarella.
- When eggplant is done, remove from the oven and top with sauce, basil and cheese mixture.
- Set oven to broil. Broil pizzas for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Top with red pepper flakes for that extra kick.
- I don’t have fresh basil leave so I sprinkled dried.
- You can use fresh mint leaves instead of basil leaves.