Yummy chicken legs grilled until moist and tender with a crispy browned surface. So simple but it allows the original chicken taste to come through with a touch of spicy and tangy flavor.
It can be a very good side dish or can be served in hi teas.
- 8 chicken drumsticks or 4 whole chicken legs (skinless)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp salt or per taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, all spice powder powder, paprika, red chilli powder,cumin and coriander, salt and pepper.
- Make a few incisions into each piece of chicken. Add chicken to yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate, in fridge, about 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Oil grill.
- Add chicken to grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Grill chicken drumsticks until cooked through, juices run clear and meat no longer pink, turning frequently, about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of drumsticks. If using whole chicken legs, grill about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Enjoy with yogurt sauce. 🙂