Ingredients for the Chicken Stufing:
- 500 gms boneless chicken, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion for garnishing
Ingredients for the Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- water to knead
Mix everything and knead with water to form a soft dough. Cover and keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
For the egg coating:
- 2 eggs, whipped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander, chopped
Whip the egg, salt, pepper and coriander together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil and add the finely chopped onions. Cook on medium heat until translucent and slightly brown
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, mix well, add the tomatoes. Mix again, and cook on high heat until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add all the powdered spices . Mix well, allow to cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken cubes. Stir well till chicken changes its color.
- Lower the heat, put a lid on the pan and allow the chicken to cook.
- After 10 minutes remove the lid and cook on high heat till the chicken dries.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a handful of sliced onions. Set aside.
Making Chapatis (for roll):
- Divide the dough into roundels
- Take a rolling board, and roll out a circular disc like a chapati.
- Heat griddle and place the chapati on the heated griddle. Cook one side then flip to cook the other side.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on the griddle and coat the chapati with the oil. Keep aside.
- Add 1 tsp of oil on the griddle again and pour a little portion of beaten egg on the griddle. Quickly put a chapati on the egg and allow the egg to set.
- Flip the chapati over to the other side (egg side up) and cook till both sides are evenly fried.
- Remove the fried chapati from griddle. Keep aside.
Assembling the roll:
- Place the chapati (egg side up) on a serving plate and lay a portion of the cooked chicken pieces in a straight line in the middle of the chapati.
- Place sliced onions,tomatoes, chopped green chillies and green sauce on the chicken cubes.
- Roll the paratha with the chicken stuffing firmly so that the chicken cubes do not fall.
- Wrap the roll in a foil or butter paper and serve hot with tomato sauce / chilli sauce.
- Chicken Kathi roll is ready to eat..