Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sweet corns
- 5-6 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 2-1/2 cups boneless chicken, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Marinate chicken slice with chipotle sauce, salt, cumin, and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft, . Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in the marinated chicken. Cook until chicken changes its color and cooked through, stirring often, Stir in the scallions, red peppers corn and cilantro. Keep warm.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Lay a tortilla in the pan and heat until hot to the touch but not crisp. Flip the tortilla over, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over top, Spread a chicken mixture over half of the tortilla, fold the tortilla over to cover the filling and form a half-moon shape.
- Cook until the tortilla is crisp and golden and the cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Let the quesadillas rest a few minutes to allow the filling to set, then cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and lime wedges, if desired.